Age: 6 months +
Nutritional Benefits: Very good source of iron, protein, calcium, magnesium and potassium.
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 2 apples
- 1/4 cup of water
- 1 1/2 cups fresh baby spinach
- Apple juice
- In a medium saucepan, add the blueberries, apples and water. Simmer over medium heat until apples are tender, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Turn off heat and add spinach, stirring until the spinach is soft, about 3 minutes.
- Drain the water then pour the ingredients into a blender or food processor.
- Puree, adding the apple juice a little at a time, until desired...
I don't even remember life before food pouches. I mean, really, people actually had to use a spoon and a jar to feed their child? I kid... But seriously, the invention of the baby pouch is pure genius in my book.
I love pouches for the convenience. I can throw them in my diaper bag, give them to my daughter on the go without having to worry about a mess and just toss them when I'm done. But I've noticed that the store bought pouches can become pretty pricey when you consume as many as we do. That's why I'm...
Nutritional Benefits: Beets contain calcium, potassium and vitamin A. Both vitamin A and calcium play a large role in the healthy development of your baby.
- Bunch of fresh beets
- Wash and peel the beets after removing the top stems and cut into small chunks.
- Place chunks into a steamer pan with just enough water visible through the steamer basket. You can also boil them in a small amount of water.
- Steam until tender.
- Do not reserve any leftover beet water to use for thinning out the beets because Nitrates could seep into the cooking water. ...
ABC puree is a great first food for baby! Avocado is the best first food a baby can have, not to mention the Omega 3's that are so important! Banana baby food is a great go to food that is easy to grab and enjoy and so good for you! Bananas are also packed with potassium. Carrots are a great snack with lots of Vitamin C which encourages healthy eye development; carrot baby food is delicious. Easily mix up some avocado, banana, and carrot baby food for your little one.
- 1 banana, peeled
- 1 avocado pited and peeled
- 1 medium carrot already...
Next time your looking for a snack, consider something delicious and healthy. It's not hard to find a list of yummy snack options that kids will enjoy. Kids love things that are sweet like fresh fruit slices, colorful berries they can pop in their mouth, and banana embellished with peanut butter or nutella. Smoothies are amazing healthy kids' snacks and you can sneak in all kinds of healthy goodies such as carrots, kale, and celery. Berries and a scoop of yogurt easily mask any flavors of hidden veggies in a smoothie. Kids will think it's extra fun to drink their smoothie from one...