Submitted by: Brianna Arledge
Blog: Sew The Thing Is
Nutritional Benefits: This baby food puree recipe is loaded with iron, vitamins C & E, and beta-carotene.
- 5 medium pears
- 1.5 cups fresh baby spinach
- 2 mangoes
- Once you have your ingredients, wash them. Remove peels and cores and dice large pears and mangoes into 1-2 inch cubes. Defrost any frozen fruits.
- Spinach and anything firm (consistency of an apple) needs to be steamed. Any fruits that are very ripe should purée easily without steaming, but when in doubt, I just throw them in the steamer. Check periodically to make sure fruit isn't turning brown. Should be done steaming in 8-10 minutes.
- After everything is steamed until tender, place ingredients into a blender or food processor and process until you reach a smooth, uniform consistency.
- Pour green baby food into Yummi Pouch reusable food pouches and enjoy!
Image credit: www.facebook.com/tastykitchenbites