Nutritional Benefits: Beets contain calcium, potassium and vitamin A. Both vitamin A and calcium play a large role in the healthy development of your baby.
- Bunch of fresh beets
- Wash and peel the beets after removing the top stems and cut into small chunks.
- Place chunks into a steamer pan with just enough water visible through the steamer basket. You can also boil them in a small amount of water.
- Steam until tender.
- Do not reserve any leftover beet water to use for thinning out the beets because Nitrates could seep into the cooking water.
- Place cooked beets into a blender or food processor and puree.
- Add fresh water as necessary to achieve a smooth, thin consistency, and pour beet baby food into Yummi Pouch reusable food pouches.
Image credit: ouroneacrefarm.com