Apple Pumpkin baby food is the perfect nutritional combination to start your baby on delicious solid foods and enjoy the fall harvest! This is especially delicious if you use apples from your own apple tree or pumpkins from your garden. Using home grown produce allows you to know you are getting the good stuff!
Age: 6 months +
Nutritional Benefits: Contains many antioxidant vitamins such as vitamin A, vitamin C and vitamin E
- 1 medium sized pumpkin
- 3 apples
- Cinnamon, nutmeg (optional)
- Halve the pumpkin and take out all the seeds, then place face down in a baking pan.
- Bake at 350° for 45-60 minutes or until soft, using a fork to check.
- Remove from oven and scoop out insides, discarding skin, and cut into chunks.
- Peel and core the apples and cut into slices, then boil until soft.
- Blend all the ingredients, including a sprinkle of cinnamon and nutmeg (if desired) in a blender.
- Let cool and serve, or store in a covered container in the refrigerator.